John Stowell is a unique jazz guitarist influenced as much by pianists and horn players as he is by guitarists. His original take on harmony, chords and improvisation sets him apart.
He has taught internationally for 30 years in every educational setting.
His clinics are informal, hands-on and informative. In addition to music theory and guidelines for improvisation, John shares his professional experience with the business of music. http://www.johnstowell.com/
Hugh Buckley comes from the renowned Buckley dynasty . A master guitarist and educatort who has graced stages all over the world. He has several recordings to his credit and is the founder gf the now famous guitar night which runs monthly at JJ Smyths in Dublin. Hugh recently performed at Limerick Jazz Festival with such luminaries as David O Rourke Joe O Callaghan and Tommy Halferty.
Limerick Jazz Society is kicking off the celebration of its 30th anniversary with an exciting Spring Season. Our presentations are:
- February 22 Louis Stewart Quartet
- March 8 Norma Winstone and Tommy Halferty / Kevin Brady Trio featuring Bill Carrothers
- March 21 Emilie Conway
- April 4 Pete Robbins Transatlantic Quartet
- April 25 Bob Whelan with Limerick Jazz Quartet
- May 2 Duo Elegance (David Friedman and Peter Weniger)
- May 9 Limerick Jazz Workshop